Massage therapy can be used for a great number of purposes. It can be complimentary to medical treatment, be used to treat sports injuries, or just be used as a way to relax after a stressful week at work.
Massage for Health LLC was founded with a goal of providing Glen Cove residents with much-needed therapy for physical and mental health. Our knowledge of applied kinesiology, yoga, and meditation, combined with Western and Eastern massage methods, sets our practice apart from the rest.
Take your weekly relaxation to the next level. Learn about the benefits of certain types of foods, essential oils, and exercise. At Massage for Health LLC we help you live your best life!
If you’re looking to promote relaxation, improve blood circulation, and relieve muscle tension, there is a wide range of Western massage techniques that can help. Our registered massage therapists are trained in multiple disciplines to ensure that you get the best massage services for your specific needs.
- Deep tissue massage
- Myofascial release
- Positional release
- Pre-natal massage
- Post-natal massage
- Sports massage
- Swedish massage
- Trigger point therapy
Massage therapy should be practiced only by registered massage therapists to achieve optimal results. From the tension-relieving deep tissue massage, to specific massages such as pre- and post-natal, to one of our most popular options for stress relief—Swedish massage—Massage for Health LLC has something for everyone in Glen Cove!
Six Benefits of Swedish Massage
- Swedish massage improves circulation. By allowing more oxygen to find its way into your muscles and tissues, you’ll increase your immune system and lower stress levels. It can also reduce headaches and the chance of getting migraines. On top of this, improving circulation can relieve some of the effects of depression and anxiety. Massage is not a miracle cure, but it can greatly affect the ability of your body to cope with day-to-day problems.
- Swedish massage reduces stress. One of the least talked about benefits of massage therapy is that it reduces the level of stress hormones in the body. Hormones like cortisol can affect the way your brain interprets stressful situations. Studies have shown that massage therapy like Swedish massage can reduce levels of arginine vasopressin which causes the body to release cortisol.
- Get rid of toxins in muscle tissue. Massage therapy has the effect of working the muscles in such a way that toxins can be released and your body can dispose of it. One of these, lactic acid, can build up from physical exercise and cause stiffness and pain when it’s in excess. With a Swedish massage from Massage for Health LLC, you can regain a lot of mobility simply by releasing toxins like lactic acid.
- Increase the flexibility and range of motion in joints. Massage helps to loosen up stiff muscles and when combined with regular stretching, can dramatically improve flexibility. This protects the body against injuries caused by excessive or sudden strain. It helps the body prepare against and prevent injuries such as sprains, dislocations, and more. It’s also a good way to alleviate symptoms of osteoarthritis. While this depends on the condition and health of the patient, it’s worth speaking to a doctor about the possible benefits of Swedish massage.
- Massages break down scar tissue. Old injuries can cause painful scar tissue to build up in unwanted places. This can limit mobility and cause long-term pain. Swedish massages have the benefit of breaking up scar tissue and returning your body to a more comfortable state. Improving flexibility and everyday comfort are just some of the ways that massage therapy can reduce the effects of past injuries.
- Reduce the need for painkillers. We at Massage for Health LLC do not advocate the rejection of doctor recommended medication. However, because Swedish massage can alleviate stress, break up scar tissue, and reduce toxins in muscle tissue, many patients note that they no longer need to use painkillers to manage long-term pain. This is a huge advantage in a world that is over medicated. Massage natural remedy for short and long-term pain.
- Reduce symptoms of cancer treatment. The effects of cancer treatments can be devastating to the body. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy causes extreme pain and nausea for cancer patients. One way to alleviate some of the symptoms is through massage therapy.
While Western massage tends to take a purely physical viewpoint of massage therapy, Eastern massage focuses on the balance of the energy within in relation to your physical body.
Acupressure therapy originated in Ancient China, and is still used to this day because of its effective natural restorative methods. If you are suffering from any of the following, acupressure could be the answer.
- Nervous disorders
- Migraine headaches
- Generalized physical pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Sports injuries
- Acute pain
By manipulating pressure points through your fingers, hands, and arms, our experienced massage therapists can help you feel better without the use of drugs or surgery. What could be better than that?
Scheduling Your Massage Services
When many of our clients contact our Glen Cove offices, they are interested in what services they should receive and how often they should be visiting their therapist.
We recommend an in-person consultation to discuss your needs. Only then will we be able to determine a therapy strategy. Every client is unique, and while some may just require a monthly relaxation appointment, others could need bi-weekly appointments using a variety of techniques.
Feel Better Today!
Whether you’re suffering physically or mentally, Massage for Health LLC can help you feel better faster.
Through the use of Western and Eastern massage techniques as well as recommendations and advice that extend beyond the walls of our offices, we love helping our clients live their best life.
Give us a call today to set up your first appointment. We’re looking forward to helping you achieve physical relief and mental relaxation!